The Des Moines Concours d’Elegance™ is a premier automotive exhibition to be held Sunday, September 13, 2015 in downtown Des Moines on closed streets surrounding the internationally recognized John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park that features 27 works of art by 21 of the world’s most celebrated sculptors. The Des Moines Concours is a community event, open to the public at no charge. The Concours will present an invitation-only exhibition of more than 100 vintage and classic motor vehicles, selected to celebrate the fine art, design evolution, and amazing innovations of motor vehicles through the years, as well as the talented designers and engineers that created them.
2015 Classes Announced,
Applications Now Accepted
The 2015 Des Moines Concours d’Elegance™ will feature a great selection of Special Classes for the year, as well as our Annual Classes.
The Special Classes of 2015
- Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg – American classics
- Factory-built Performance Automobiles –production vehicles built to qualify for racing
- Highway Patrol Vehicle Reunion – from Midwestern states
- The Little Cars – short (less than 13’) and just enough power (less than 50 hp), 1910-1965
- Race Cars
- Cars by Local Artists – restyled by local artists especially for the Concours
The Annual Classes
- Star Cars – rare and unique automobiles
- Classics – limited production, elegant automobiles manufactured 1917 to 1949
- Collectibles – marques of innovation and distinction, 1917 to 1965
- Antiques – early historic automobiles from inception through 1916
- Survivor Cars –survived the decades unaltered from original factory condition
- Exotics – limited production powerful autos manufactured up to current day
- Vintage Motorcycles – original, restored and competition models, inception to mid-70s
Use the link below to download the 2015 Application to Exhibit:
Photos of our 2014 Winners
Congratulations for our Best of Show, People’s Choice and Class Winners. See our Photos section for full-size photos of our winners, as well as many more images from our events.